Saturday, November 15, 2008

5 Minute Attention Span

I was browsing a Swing dancing forum just a few minutes ago. On the forum there was a thread about politics. I thought "hmmm. This should be interesting."

I open the thread. Automatically I'm turned off! The posts were all SOOO stinking long! I barely skimmed over one or two posts then I called it quits!

At that moment in time I thought about what my speech teacher keeps shoving down our throats. The average American adult only has an attention span of 5 minutes.

That thought led to another thought (as my thoughts usually do).

If the average American adult only has an attention span of 5 minutes maybe that's why different political parties don't get along... we can't listen to each other long enough to understand where the other person is coming from.

We can even bring that out into a wider picture. Maybe that why people in general don't get along. We can't listen to each other for more than 5 minutes!

Just some food for thought... at 12 am.


On a side note, I've decided I'm crazy or otherwise just a kooky person at times.

No comments: