Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Nodding and Smiling

Have you ever been in a situation where people are talking about personal experiences and you just have to nod and smile because you've never experienced it personally??

Well that happens to me quite a lot. For someone who traveled to the other side of the world on a whim I haven't experienced much here at home. I mean I've lived in LA for 19 years of my life and had never REALLY been to downtown LA until this last year (Thanks Marshall)!

Well recently I was talking to a great guy. We were talking about how we love the outdoors and stars and such. He started talking about how shooting stars, saying how great they were. Well there I was just nodding and smiling because I had never really seen a shooting star. Then he asked me if I agreed and I had to confess that I had no idea!

I swear he's going to have serious jaw problems for the rest of his life, his jaw dropped to the floor! He couldn't believe that I had never seen a shooting star. He brought up all of the overnight road trips I had done, because surely I must have seen one then, right? Wrong.

After the conversation I thought that I should make an extra special effort to look for shooting stars. Since then I've seen one on every long drive (over 2 or 3 hours) that I've taken! On the way back from Phoenix this last Sunday night (12/13/2009) I saw 6!! I was pretty impressed.

I love my friends for the opportunity they give me to learn about new things and have new experiences. Never a dull moment in my life because of you guys and I love it!!

No comments: