Friday, December 18, 2009

Cowardice

Tonight was a fantastic night! I got to have dinner with one of my dear friends (Nick Peterson), who I always have a great time and wonderful conversations with and can't wait to see again on Saturday, and I got to dance with some of my favorite leads! Which let's face it, is all I need for a good night!

Even though tonight was overall a great and fabulous night there is something I need to say...

One thing that happened tonight that wasn't so fantastic is I realized that some people are just plain cowards. There is someone who hasn't been very friendly to me for the past little while. Not that I really care too much, unless it comes to the point where you're trying to make me look like a fool in front of other people. Well tonight as I was walking away from the dance venue this individual said (in a very condescending tone that screamed "I'm going to make you look bad right now")"Bye Karen!" I said an unenthusiastic bye and threw my normal peace sign and he replied "Merry Christmas!" In the same condescending tone.

Now normally I wouldn't think twice about it, I would just move on and say whatever. This time is different. Don't try to make a fool out of me to make yourself feel better about your shattered ego, buddy. You had all night to say hi, but you didn't because you're a coward and you knew if you said hi to me the way you did as you were getting driven away I would have b**** slapped you.

No comments: