Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Never know what to say

A while ago I had a friend come to me with a problem. They wanted my help, but they didn't want my help at the same time. It got frustrating. To the point where I felt the urge to write something. At the time I wasn't near a computer or paper so I typed it in my phone. I haven't done anything with it until now, obviously.

It's not some great piece of literary genius, but I like it. It's raw and it truly is just what I was feeling. I didn't sit there and edit it or try to make it better, I just left it. So here you go!


I never know what to say.
Whenever I do say something it always seems wrong.
I hate being pushed away.
And every time I speak that's what happens.
I don't know what to do.
Do I keep quiet and hope that doesn't hurt?
Or do I try to unsuccessfully comfort you and feel like I'm being exiled?
-Karen Vizzard (December,2009)

No comments: