Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Color Purple

I was on a forum the other day and one of the topics was about the color purple (not the book the actual color). One of the questions presented by this forum was some thing along the lines of "what does the color purple remind you of?"

Well for me the color purple reminds me of fat/obese people. Don't ask me why it just does. Maybe because I saw some really really huge person wearing purple sometime or whatever the reason.

I was thinking last night about some of the goals I am making for myself (One of them to be to go to the gym everyday except Sunday). So I decided to go to the grocery store at 11:30 last night and pick up a composition notebook to track my progress. I get to the store and they have 2 colors to choose from. Purple and red. My first instinct was to immediately grab the red notebook. As I was reaching for it I said to myself purple wouldn't be good to motivate myself to go to the gym. I quickly stopped and said a purple notebook would motivate me MORE than anything else!

So I grabbed the purple notebook and went to check out. I printed off some calendars and pasted them in the first few pages of the book with some "motivational quotes."

It is now right next to me on the floor and I feel like going to the gym RIGHT NOW!

The color purple is good for something!




Don't get me wrong purple isn't all that bad... I mean Darkwing Duck (only the coolest crime fighter ever) wore purple.

I don't like the color purple partially because it reminds me of fate people. Also because throughout my growing up years my favorite color was pink because of the pink Power Ranger, and then my mom got it into her head and everyone else's that my favorite color was purple. Crazy family!

No comments: