Thursday, October 23, 2008

Broken

So much for not breaking the chain. All you have to do is throw a cute guy (or my boss... who, for the record, is not a cute guy) in front of me and almost everything goes to pot.

I posted that blog on Tuesday saying how I was taking more steps to help myself not "break the chain", well that very same day I get some terrible news. At 3:00 pm I find out my boss needs me to work a double shift. I had already worked all morning so i was already dead tired, but me being the wonderful reliable person I am say, "Of course, Ray! I'll be there!" I decided I was only going to stay until 8:00pm and then I'll go make an appearance at institute (to see a cute boy of course) and then I'll go to the gym.

Well After I finally got off of work at 8:00pm I immediately head to the institute and, of course, the cute boy I wanted to see was there ;) which made my night. When I got there I started interpreting for the last 15 minutes of the lesson. While I was interpreting my back started to cramp up and caused a lot of pain... along with my shoulder (earlier in the day I had re-injured a previous injury. FYI that means I tore the soft tissue in my shoulder again).

The lesson ended and I stayed and talked to this said cute boy. We had set a date for the next night and I just wanted to iron out some plans. 20 - 30 minutes later we go our separate ways. I get into my car look at the clock it's about 9:30 and I say to myself, "UGH! it's too late to go to the gym and I'm hurting..." blah blah blah blah blah!

SO I DIDN'T GO!!!

Wednesday rolls around. Naturally I'm looking forward to this date with the way awesome/cute/funny/cool guy. I figure it can't go very late because we're starting at 5pm. I figured the latest 8 or 9. I then planned to go to the gym after we were finished hanging out.

That didn't happen! The cute boy kept me entranced until 4:30 Thursday morning. There was no way I was going to get to the gym then especially after not sleeping.

Then I automatically thought, "well I'll go after work." Come to find out that I have to work a double again tonight. I was SO tired I came home and just laid in bed.

NOW after much debate I am not going to the gym tonight, but I will be going tomorrow morning before I have to go to work. So that's the plan. Unless the cute boy calls and says he wants to do breakfast. ;) Which I HIGHLY DOUBT. One can dream though right?

No comments: