Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Little Things

You may or may not have noticed that I tend to be pretty easy to please. I mean I don't require much... typically I go with the flow and am okay and content with whatever the outcome.

Last night I was at my friend's birthday party. It was an interesting situation. I knew everyone there, but I didn't KNOW anyone there. I am not a part of the "normal/regular group" of friends that always hang out together. Which in the beginning of the party didn't prove to be a big deal, but towards the middle/end I was separated and left pretty much by myself by the fire pit.

Now most people would probably feel super awkward and want to peace out of the joint immediately, because I mean who wants to be left to themselves by the fire pit? Well normally I would be one of those people... BUT I was provided with a metal skewer and marshmallows. I was seriously one of the happiest people on the planet at that moment in time! Now the question becomes who would want to leave a situation that makes you super happy?! A crazy person that's who!

Point of the story? I'm easily pleased and entertained and you pretty much don't have to worry about me TOO much. And that in and of itself makes me happy. I like not being high maintenance.

What I'm working on now is the balance of not being high maintenance and requiring some... A very valid point was brought up to me that being so low maintenance actually makes you high maintenance. Which at first didn't make sense to me at all. After thinking about it quite thoroughly and extensively on one of the many road trips I've taken recently it makes sense. Being SO TOTALLY "go with the flow" puts pressure on others and indirectly messes with the flow and creates an un-needed stress on said person... making me high maintenance. Weird how it works like that sometimes.

No comments: