Friday, January 2, 2009

My Walk for Autism!


What am I doing?
I am participating in a Walk for Autism and I have made a personal goal to raise $300 to donate to finding a cure/raising awareness of Autism!

Why am I doing this?
The reason I am donating my time and effort to this cause isn't because this disorder plagues my own family. It is because I have worked with those with severe autism to those who are very high functioning autistic through out high school. I even taught a little boy in Sunday School at church for a year who is Autistic (Dallin, he is the person the team I joined is in honor of).

Facts:
Autism is the second most common developmental disorder in the United States affecting one in every 150 children born today. Despite some promising discoveries, the cause of autism is unknown and a cure does not exist. Research is crucial. Every 20 minutes another child is diagnosed with autism.

How you can help!
Please join me in my fight to make a difference in the lives of the more than 1 million Americans living with autism today.

Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Autism Speaks 501 (C)(3) Tax Id #: 20-2329938

You can donate by CLICKING HERE.

Or you can copy and paste this link into your browser: http://www.walknowforautism.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=288321&u=288321-244270513

No comments: