Monday, July 7, 2008

Arches Overview

Arches National Park is a beautiful place where one can go to hike, get some fresh air and relax. Too bad for me it wasn’t as relaxing as it was back breaking!


The adventure begins on July 4th around 4 pm. First Drew and I picked up a few necessary food items at the local Walmart, then we Left South Salt Lake City, Utah around 5 pm or 6 pm. When we arrived in Moab we had the hardest time finding the Lazy Lizard Hostel, where we had reservations to stay (it turned out you needed to turn INTO the A-1storage facility’s parking lot).


Drew and I got a good night sleep woke up the next morning, July 5th, bright and early at 7am to get ready for the long day we knew we had ahead of us. After much insisting that I needed to look perfect because we are going to take pictures we set out on the road to Arches National Park!


First we hiked to the Delicate Arch, and then we made our way to the Devil’s Garden where we hiked the Primitive Trail. Let me tell you… that Trail is PRIMITIVE! We stopped at multiple arches while hiking up in Devils Garden (I.E. Double O arch, Pine tree arch, and Private arch.). When we had finally decided that we were going to call it a day we were both completely wiped out!


While we were walking back to the car we come to a sandy area that has a fenced pathway. I’m looking down dragging my feet. Suddenly, BOOM! I was taken aback for a second. I hadn’t known what hit me. To my surprise there was a HUGE tree branch just in the middle of this FENCED OFF PATH! So the highlight of the trip was that I ran into a tree and we got to make fun of it the rest of the time!


I had tons of fun and would suggest Arches National Park to anyone who is an outdoor lover and wants to see some amazing sites!


Here is a link where you can view the pictures from this amazing trip!

No comments: