Friday, April 3, 2009

Dancing Bio

I was sooo excited about this that I just had to post it! Thanks to Morgan Day's creative writing he made what I wrote even better! Here is the final product!

Up-and-coming dancer, Karen Vizzard, first became enamored with Lindy Hop in 2003, when she was introduced to the dance at a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy concert in Santa Monica. Since then, she has dedicated herself to become an exceptional follow, as well as a versatile dancer with experience in Balboa, Collegiate Shag, and Solo and Partnered Charleston. Her competition experience includes, placing 1st in Utah’s 2007 Invitation Lindy Hop Jack & Jill, 2nd Place in the Pure Balboa Division at the 2008 San Francisco Balboa Battle, and 4th place in the Collegiate Shag Division at The National Jitterbug Championship in 2009. While attending school in Utah, Karen was a Lindy Hop instructor at Utah State and the University of Utah, and coached the Swing Team at Brigham Young University. Her other credits include performing with the Hollywood Hotshots, as well as being cast as a dancer in Katy Perry's music video "Thinking of You" and being cast as a principal dancer for the episode “Static” on the TV show “Cold Case.”

5 comments:

Marshall said...

Very nice Karen! You sound so pro ;) I need to update my resume as a matter of fact. Hey u should add Katy Perry's Music vid to ur list.

Karenvizzy said...

I would add Katy Perry's music video, but that was work I did with the Hollywood Hotshots... SO I just left it at that. I didn't want it to be too long!

If you want your resume updated talk to Morgan dude... he is amazing!!! He's the one that wrote that. I mean I gave him my initial thing that I wrote, but he made it amazing!

Unknown said...

I would suggest fixing the spelling/typo mistake, though. You were a principal dancer, not a principle one.

Karenvizzy said...

Eh... details details. Who cares about details?! lol... I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up Trager!

grant said...

i want to watch you guys dance in that episode of cold case