Thursday, July 22, 2010

Call Me Crazy!

Yeah, yeah , yeah... what's new? Everyone calls me crazy all the time... this isn't anything out of the ordinary... so why am I posting?! Well, other than giving the world another beautiful bit of my brain to read for their pleasure (or torture... however you look at it), I have come to this forum to express an opinion.

I have always been of the opinion that everyone should put in their fair share of work. Mind you I'm not saying that delegation isn't a wonderful thing. I mean although you may be delegating your workload... you're still doing work by delegating. Delegating is probably the hardest part of doing anything!! So kudos to all delegators! I'm talking about selling yourself... and no, I'm not talkin' prostitution.

Any small business that a person is starting has to promote themselves. Thanks to the WORLD WIDE WEB promoting one's self has become even easier!

(I had typed the "background" section and deleted it then retyped and deleted it about 5 or 6 times now. SO... I'm just going to cut to the chase without any back story.)

I don't feel I should promote or try to get people to use your services if you are clearly not doing anything to promote yourself. Also I'm not going to promote you if you use the same name as something else in the area (meaning not area specific things IE not "_____ on Main" or "Sun devil _____" Or "Valley _______").

You know how McDonalds says price and participation may vary.... well having the same name would be like being a McDonalds franchise and not participating in anything, your mascot would be Hippy the Hippo and you'd serve spaghetti.

At any rate... I have found some people want something for nothing. Too bad they aren't going to get it from me.

Ok... /crazy-b****-rant

No comments: