Friday, March 12, 2010

Dates!

Whatever happened to dates?! That's what I want to know! Whatever happened to a boy going up to a girl and asking her if she would like to go to dinner and a movie Friday night or mini-golfing on Saturday or if she'd be your date to a dance (like the Bayside Ball)?? Nowadays it's all about hanging out.

NEWS FLASH Hanging out is NOT a date! Hanging out is what you do with your friends on a night you don't have a date.

I have been on only a handful of dates in my life. I want to experience those date jitters again!! I've had them a few times! The first experience was with the first date I had ever gone on. I asked him out and we went and played croquette in the park. I was super nervous and had butterflies in my stomach! He even held my hand at the end of the night! (OK I was 16! That's a big deal!!!)

Basically, I think that we all fall back on hanging out way more than we should. Dates are fun... or at least they can be.

No comments: